lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:gilligan841"

192 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Tournament prep#13

@AnvitkarkalA I have played 2 OTB tournaments lately and, even knowing it, I lost 4 pieces because I didn't do the "Is this move safe routine" properly. I would have finished first in my class in one …

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Tournament prep#11

@AnvitkarkalA said in #10: > The only thing on how I lost is not paying attention to other pieces and their future moves. Curiosity, was it related to "Is this move safe"?

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Pawn play#2

More precisly move 13 white https://lichess.org/wdt486vJ

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Pawn play#1

One facet of my game that I have little knowledge of is pawn play. This morning I analyzed a game and Stockfish recommended playing b4 after having completed my development. Why play this move at this…

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Is cheating for losers?#5

Nope, cheating is not for losers; ask Donald Trump who has become President of the United States!

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Tournament prep#4

The ultimate action before doing each move, ask yourself "Is this move safe?"; if everything is surely OK, then move. Remember, before each move. Remember, before each move. Will you remember; even wh…

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Related to chess.com#3

Are you a premium member? That could explain why you play like a genius in their eyes. ;)

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Why does white move first?#10

If you want to break the rules and start as black, find a fellow that will accept to play like this on Lichess and, then, play the Knights until you can play black first. It means that the Knights wil…

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Hypocrites and hyperbullet#7

The worst are the hysterical playing hyperbullet; same hyper reaction wheather they win or lose.

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - My first OTB tournament#10

An update. My first OTB went very well. My objectives were to live this experience and have fun and I had. It was a 90 minutes + 30 sec. per move. 2.5/5. My first opponent won the tournament and I lea…

gilligan841